Life Under the Staircase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Harry Potter roleplays.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Attack on Godric's Hollow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
edgarallenclaw

The Attack on Godric's Hollow Empty
PostSubject: The Attack on Godric's Hollow   The Attack on Godric's Hollow Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:32 pm

On a warm and sunny July day, Shelley Poe, her sisters, brother and father were walking in the forest near their house in Godric's Hollow."Shelley!" shrieked Marie, her youngest sister of age 7, "Look at the bunny! We learned about them at school! They live in burrows!"
"Thanks for sharing, Marie. You learn something new every day." said Shelley. Of course, Shelley already knew this, but she wouldn't dare tell Marie and ruin the moment. As far as Shelley was concerned, this was the best day she had ever lived.
If only she knew how far off she really was.
"Shelley, did you hear that cracking sound? It sounded awfully weird for a breaking tree branch," asked Shelley's father.
"No, but maybe it was just a really big tree branch. I'm sure there's just an animal nearby," she replied. The family continued their walk; after awhile, Shelley noticed her brother brandishing a thin object that looked just like his-
"Martin, why would you bring your wand on a hike?" Shelley asked. She loved her brother, but had no time for his nonsense. "You can't even use it, you're only twelve!"
"Shellleeeyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!" Martin whined,"You never know when you'll need it!"
Shaking her head, Shelley let it go. He was right; and at the age of 17, Shelley knew she should've had hers on her. Bad things could happen; the Wizarding war was almost underway.
"Alright kids, let's take a break for lunch!" said Shelley's dad. As they were eating, they heard several more cracks in the distance. Next thing they new Death Eaters began an ambush; one for each of them.
"MARTIN! GIVE ME YOUR WAND!" Shelley yelled with desperation. She should've been more prepared.
No Shelley! I can fight them!" Martin insisted. "I know all sorts of attacks." Marie began to cry; Julie looked petrified. Their father was doing his best to protect the girls, and he called "Martin! Shelley! Come here!"
"GIVE ME THE WAND OR WE WILL ALL DIE MARTIN!!!! THEY'VE COME TO TAKE US AND/OR KILL US! WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO WASTE!" Shelley screamed. She wished her brother wasn't so stubborn sometimes.
Martin ran up to the first one and shouted, "EXPELLIARMUS!" His wand promptly left his arm and Shelley caught it.
"That was my plan all along sis," Martin stated calmly, "Now let's fight!" Spells were fired in all directions; the death eaters were no match for Shelley's skill, even without her actual wand. But Bellatrix showed up halfway through the fight; Shelley was no match for her.
"Giving up, little missy? Don't think that I'll start to go easier so you'll win. CRUCIO!!!!!" Bellatrix shouted. Shelley's body contorted and twisted; the pain was unbearable. "GIVE UP!"
Shelley panted between attacks, and barely said, "Never." Her plans wouldn't be completed to the finish, however, because after that moment her father interrupted, "STOP HARMING MY DAUGHTER!"
Bellatrix was uncharacteristically happy to comply, "Alright. Crabbe! Take him and the blond haired one! Draco, tell Voldemort we're bring some Muggles for a little fun."[b/]
Martin ran to stop them, but he was coming closer to Crabbe Bellatrix grabbed him,[b]"OH no my sweets, you don't want to go with them, magical blood is too precious to be lost."
With that final word, Bellatrix disapparated. He ran to grab the wand Shelley was using, lying next to her unconcious body. However, the death eater he took it from got there first and then promptly disapparated. Wandless and scared, Martin was left alone with his nearly dead sister.
"DAD! JULIE! MARIE! WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?" Not wanting to believe that they were gone, he shouted for at least 5 minutes before Marie came out from the trees. He ran to hug her.
"Are the bad people gone? Where are daddy and Julie?" Marie asked; tears were streaming down her face as she slowly realized that they were no longer near her at all.
"Marie," Martin began, trying his best to maintain composure, "I wish I knew where they were, because if I did I would go find them."
They waited in silence for Shelley to regain conciousness, cringing at every cracking twig. Three hours later, Shelley awoke, and asked the question everyone was thinking.
"Where are dad and Julie?"
Martin answered, "The death eaters took them, Shelley. We don't know where they went."
Choking back tears, Shelley scooped up Marie and they began the longest walk of their lives back home.
Back to top Go down
ThatRavenclawGirl
Admin
ThatRavenclawGirl

PostSubject: Re: The Attack on Godric's Hollow   The Attack on Godric's Hollow Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Aurora walked into her home quietly , not to disturb Remmy, their house-elf. Aurora was highly against having a house-elf because she felt it was the equivalent of owning a slave so she crocheted her several clothing items. To her and her mother's own delight the elf had stayed around even after such. The house was empty, other than Aurora and Remmy. Her mother was still at the shop and Aurora had decided to come home for lunch. She walked into the pantry and got her favourite spiced tea and took it over to the tea kettle. She was just beginning to add water when she heard a deafening scream coming from the woods behind her house. Remmy came tottering into the kitchen at the sound and looked up at her friend with the same sweet blue eyes she always had, " Remmy wonders what that noise was. she said.
"Aurora does too." Aurora said to the elf. She looked around the kitchen and pulled her wand from her pocket. "Would you mind watching the tea? she asked as she went to the back door to leave. Remmy nodded and with that Aurora bounce out of the house.

It wasn't unusual for Aurora to be out exploring the woods and luckily to such she knew her way around them quite well. She followed a trail of what appeared to be broken branches. "Well that was definitely not made by an animal. she stated to herself. "Well, not unless it were a centaur but no such creature lurks in these woods. Aurora stood silently for a moment and could swear she heard a young boy calling out. She used her best instincts and quietly walked off in the direction of the voice.

She entered a clearing that looked as if people had been around not too long ago. There were three sets of footprints on the forest floor. "Where'd they go? she thought. She quickly ran behind the footprints and eventually saw a group of young children and an older teen walking out of the forest. The older she was rather familiar with. She pulled out her wand and cast a patronus, which happened to be a silver tailed fox, hoping it would get her attention. As the white fox ran off Aurora ran as fast as she could behind it. " Shelley! " she called upon arrival. She stood there panting slightly and looked at the fellow Ravenclaw. " I was in my kitchen. I heard screaming coming from the forest. I had to see what was going on. What are you doing here? she asked.
Back to top Go down
https://harrypotterroleplays.rpg-board.net
edgarallenclaw

PostSubject: She had to know eventually.   The Attack on Godric's Hollow Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 pm

Shelley explained what happened to Aurora, with a little help from Martin, who told the parts Shelley missed after she collapsed from torture. When Martin finished, Shelley began to cry.
"I should've known better!" she wailed, "Now they'll kill my father and sister, and it'll be all my fault! Why didn't I bring my wand?" Marie began to cry also; Martin held consistent but looked as though he could burst at any moment. At this point, night had fallen and they saw a light coming through the forest. Shelley didn't care if it was another Death Eater, she would've gone with them if it meant being with Julie and dad. Eventually, the figure with the light came into Martin's line of sight and he ran to hug their mother. Shelley took Marie and Aurora followed all of them.
"Where are your father and Julie? I've been worried sick about all of you!" their displeased mother asked. Shelley and Martin retold the entire story; their mother looked as though she wanted to cry. Everyone began one giant group hug. When they were finished, they began walking again.
"Aurora, I'm sorry about all of this mess. I'm sure it was super awkward for you. I wish you had found us in better times."
Back to top Go down
ThatRavenclawGirl
Admin
ThatRavenclawGirl

PostSubject: Re: The Attack on Godric's Hollow   The Attack on Godric's Hollow Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:35 pm

Aurora fidgeted a little in the midst of the awkward moments she was always a part of. She sighed heavily and smiled at Shelley after the story was recapped once more to their mother. "I'm really sorry about what happened. Aurora said in her sweet voice. "It's getting late, I'm sure you're all hungry... Would you care to join me for dinner? My Mum went to an Order meeting after work so I doubt she'll be home for dinner." she said. She didn't really know what else to say, "I didn't know you guys lived around here. she said quietly. "Mum and I live in the peach coloured house with the redwood roof. Aurora looked round awkwardly "I'm sorry, I've begun to ramble. She looked down at the white fox rubbing her legs and flicked her wand to draw back the patronus. She had forgotten she casted it and looked rather embarrassed.

Last edited by ThatRavenclawGirl on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://harrypotterroleplays.rpg-board.net
edgarallenclaw

PostSubject: Back at home   The Attack on Godric's Hollow Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:09 pm

"I like your patronus. Mine is a moose." Shelley said quietly. "I appreciate the dinner invitation, we'll see what my mother has planned. I don't know what's going to happen anymore. I might not even come back to Hogwarts. I think I just need to be alone right now..."
They continued walking out of the forest. Once back in the Hollow, Aurora spoke to Shelley's mother, who politely declined the dinner invitation. Shelley looked more miserable than ever.
"Thank you very much Aurora, but we would prefer to be alone right now. Maybe some other time?"
And with that, each party retreated back to their houses, wands at the ready and prepared for another attack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Attack on Godric's Hollow   The Attack on Godric's Hollow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Attack on Godric's Hollow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life Under the Staircase :: Roleplay :: Over the Summer-
Jump to: